Thursday, November 18, 2021

 God Wants to Save Us 

   “He who created us without our help will not save us without our consent.” (St. Augustine) 

   God created us and He wants to save us, but He will not do so unless we agree.  That is the gift and the curse of free will.  We have the choice and only we can make that choice.

   Adam and Eve lived in paradise.  All their needs were provided by the Father.  In their pride they wanted to be like God, to judge for themselves right from wrong.  Paradise and their closeness to God was lost.

   Bishop Fulton Sheen said, “Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong.  Right is right, even if nobody is right.”  Society cannot change truth; it can only deny it.  Wrong does not become right based on societal wants and desires.  If we insist, God will let us make those choices, but when we do we are rejecting the salvation He wants for us.  God will not bless or save a society that rejects Him.

   The same applies to me as an individual.  I can’t be the one to judge what is best for me or change what is wrong and make it right.  I must trust in the Lord.  Jesus gave His life to offer me salvation and a path to heaven, but I must choose to travel that road.  He will not force, will not impose His will, but will allow me to reject Him if that is my choice.

   God created me from nothing.  He knew me and loved me from before time began.  He wants me to love Him and spend eternity with Him in paradise.  But the choice is mine alone, I must allow Him to make me holy, to bring me to Himself. 

Right is right, wrong is wrong.

Your laws are true and just.

Truth cannot be changed, only rejected.

May we accept Your truths always. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment