Monday, March 7, 2022

 Blessings 

   There are so many things to complain about.  There is so much wrong with the world.  There is much confusion and uncertainty in society and the world at large.  If what you are looking for is something to bring you down and put you in a state of despair you will have no trouble finding all you need.

   All that being true, there are also many things to be grateful for.  We receive so many blessings each day of our life.  Somehow it seems easier to see the evil in the world than the blessings.  For the peace we all need, we must try harder to see the good in life, while understanding that there will always be evil in the world.

   Today I spent several hours on the road, which at my age, isn’t nearly as enjoyable as it used to be.  But even in this there were many blessings if I took the time to notice them.

   Though the drive was long, the traffic was pretty light, and I saw no accidents along the way.  The weather was good, sunny skies most of the way.  Not even any construction along the way, which is always a blessing.  All in all, a pretty pleasant trip.

   But the best blessing was the destination for the trip.  I am visiting some very good friends that I haven’t seen in far too long and it’s always a blessing to spend time with those we love, both family and friends.  Such are the gifts of my loving God.

   Over the years I’ve come to learn that life is so much better when I focus on the blessings, rather than the disappointments.  In this broken world of ours there will always be frustrations and aggravations.  Counting the blessings rather than the woes leads to a much more enjoyable life.

   I thank God even for the difficulties of life because they help me to better see and appreciate His many blessings.

 

Life is full of Your blessings Lord.  Help me to always look to the many gifts You have given me rather than the difficulties of day-to-day life in a world stained by sin.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment