Tuesday, March 29, 2022

 Peace 

   “I have told you this so that you might have peace in me.  In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.” (John 16: 33) 

   Jesus often spoke of the peace that faith can bring in this life.  He repeatedly told His disciples to be unafraid.  He never said there would not be difficulties to be faced but that, in Him, was the strength and peace to overcome those difficulties.

   My life is much less stressful, much more serene when I keep these thoughts in mind.  When I trust in Him, the world cannot get me down regardless of the difficulties I may face.  He is always there to quiet any anxiety I may experience.  He comforts my soul and gives me peace.

   I wake up each morning and take a moment to look to God for guidance for the new day and to thank Him for all His many blessings.  I often turn to Him throughout the day to seek His will and to ask His help in living in this world that suffers the pain and destruction of sinfulness.  I don’t expect there to be any great changes in the world, but I trust that God is in control, and all will be resolved according to His will.

   Sometimes I wonder how those without faith survive in this sinful world.  I suppose many of them simply accept the ways of the world never realizing the peace and happiness they are foregoing by leaving God out of their life.  My prayer is that something will light the fire of faith within them and bring them home to our loving Father.

   Jesus told us to love God with all our hearts, souls, and minds; in this is our salvation.  He also told us to love our neighbor as ourselves; in this is peace in this lifetime.

 

Lord, Your peace is not the peace of the world.  In your peace we find contentment, joy, and happiness.  Give me always that peace.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment