Saturday, March 26, 2022

 Courageous Faith 

   “Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity.  Be fools for Christ.  And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." (Justice Antonin Scalia) 

   There has never been a time when the world at large has accepted Christianity.  Faith in God has never been the driving force in the majority of the people.  For over two thousand years Christians have battled the ways of the world and will continue to do so.

   What I must do is listen to what Justice Scalia said.  I can’t be concerned with the opinions of the world.  My faith may be regarded as foolish by many of the people, but it doesn't lessen or weaken my faith.  It saddens me, but does not affect by beliefs.  Faith is not something easily understood by those who do not have it.

   In the eyes of the world there is no hard evidence of what I believe, and I really don’t care.  They cannot prove to me that what I believe is wrong, so their opinion is really of no consequence.  I am willing to be seen as a fool by many if that is what is required; I am not concerned with the judgement of the world, but of God.

   It amazes me how many people will believe politicians who are notorious liars.  They will look to their favorite actors for morale standards even though actors are paid professional liars whose livelihood depends on how convincingly they lie.  But they refuse to listen to the Word of God.

   Christians will continue to be a minority in any society that is more concerned with worldly pleasures and happiness than with eternal life.  It has always been so and will remain so until our Lord comes again in glory.

 

Father, my faith in You is strong, make it stronger.  The world rejects You, help me more completely accept Your will.  The world refused to believe, help my unbelief.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment