Thursday, March 17, 2022

 The Path of the Lord 

   “He has other ways for others to follow Him; all do not go by the same path. It is for each of us to learn the path by which He requires us to follow Him, and to follow Him in that path." (St. Katharine Drexel) 

   I believe that God has a path for each of us.  A plan that, if followed, will certainly lead us to His kingdom.  My path will be somewhat different from yours, and your will be yours alone as well.  Even though we may walk together on our path there will be differences in how God guides us along the way.

   I look to Moses as a perfect example.  Raised in Pharoah’s court he was one of the elite.  He was one of power and status in Egypt.  He could have easily looked the other way when he saw Israelites being treated unjustly and continue to live a life of leisure and ease.  However, God had a plan for Moses, one filled with difficulty and hardships.  But the path chosen for Moses would set God’s elect, the Israelites, free from the slavery of Egypt and take them to the promised land.

   Few will have a path such as Moses walked.  Although, there have been those whose path was filled with hardships, danger, and even martyrdom, they were the exception, not the rule.  I think most of us will walk a path that will certainly include difficulties and some mountains to climb, but few will walk the path of martyrdom.

   It is my duty to prayerfully seek the path God has chosen for me.  He will lead me if I reach out to Him, even though I may not know where the path will lead.  The same is true of all Christians.  We each have a path to walk, and we must walk it.  God will lead us if we allow, and He will lead us home to eternal life with Him.

 

Father, show me path You would have me walk.  Give me the wisdom to know it, the strength to walk it, and the perseverance to follow it home to You.  Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment