Wednesday, March 30, 2022

 Trust In the Lord 

   “It was you who created my inmost self, and put me together in my mother’s womb; for all these mysteries I thank you: for the wonder of myself, for the wonder of your works.” (Psalm 139: 13 – 14) 

   Trust in God brings great comfort.  His plan for my life has been known since before time began.  The ups, the downs, and all the in-betweens are at His discretion.  In this I find tremendous peace.

   When faced with difficulties I do not have to face them alone, wondering what they will bring.  I can turn to God and acknowledge that all is according to His plan and trust in Him and His will for me.  No matter what comes in this life I am confident that the purpose is to lead me always closer to Him and eternal life in His presence.

   It can be so easy to become despondent when tragedy strikes, and tragedy will strike virtually all of us as some time, in some way.  Whether it be a failed marriage, the loss of a loved one, serious or even terminal illnesses, we can quickly lose sight of God and focus upon the problem, whatever it may be.

   With God, there is relief from anxiety and despair.  Whatever is to come is part of His plan and as long as I trust in Him and His will I can overcome whatever tragedies that may arise.  That doesn’t mean that it will be easy, only that it is made possible by my faith in God.  Without that faith, life in this messed up, upside-down world would be nearly impossible to bear.

   “You had scrutinized my every action, all were recorded in your book, my days listed and determined, even before the first of them occurred” (Psalm 139: 16).

 

Father, I thank You for setting the path before me even though I may be unaware of where it will lead.  May You also give me the strength to follow Your path through life until I come to share in Your heavenly Kingdom.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment