Tuesday, March 8, 2022

 Glorify the Lord 

   “Glorify the Lord with me, let us extol his name together. (Psalm 34: 4) 

   It is for this purpose that we gather for the celebration of the Mass on Sundays and at daily Mass; to glorify the Lord as a family belonging to Him.  It is right that we should come together to offer Him our thanksgiving, and our praise.

   Whether at a quiet early morning Mass or at High Mass, it is a joy to be together in praise of our God.  I’ve known those who say they can worship God anywhere and they are right in some ways.  But I believe we are called to be the people of the Lord, coming together full of love and the blessings of God to give Him our thanks and our praise as His family.

   Of all the places there are to be in this world I can’t think of anywhere that is better than in God’s house, giving Him praise and preparing to receive the Eucharist at the table of God.  It truly is like a large family dinner in some ways.  We give thanks to Him for the blessings of the wine and the bread, asking again for the miracle of consubstantiation when our Lord Jesus Christ becomes truly present in the Eucharist.

   We become a tabernacle of the Lord when we receive Him into our own bodies in the form of bread and wine.  He is truly present within us to strengthen us in our struggles against Satan and to help us walk the path God has put before us.  We leave Mass spiritually fed and refreshed to face the world.

   I’m not sure that we, a simple humans, can even come close to glorifying the Lord as He deserves, but we owe it to Him and to ourselves to gather together and try.

 

Lord, I wish I could give You the glory and praise that You deserve.  As a sinful man it is beyond my ability.  I look forward to spending eternity in your presence when I will be able to worship You properly.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment