Friday, March 4, 2022

 Turn to God 

   “Give in to God, then; resist the devil, and he will run away from you.  The nearer you go to God. the nearer he will come to you.” (James 4: 7 – 8, Jerusalem Bible) 

   It has taken me many years to realize the full meaning of what James is telling me in this scripture.  Like most people, I was raised to be self-sufficient.  If something needed doing I was supposed to do it myself.  If I couldn’t do it, I needed to get someone to help me. 

   However, there are some circumstances in which we can’t help ourselves; it is simply beyond our ability.  The help we need may be beyond what family and friends can provide as well.  Even calling in the so-called “experts” can’t always provide a solution.  Sometimes, God is the only one who can provide the help we need.  In fact, He is the only one who always has the answer.

   In God, there sufficient strength and help to overcome whatever may befall us.  Where we fail, He will succeed; when we think we can’t go on, He gives us strength to continue.  Even in the worst of times, He gives us hope for eternal life.

   What James was telling me all along was to turn to God.  He is with us always and has the help we need.  When we submit to Him nothing is impossible.

 

Father, in You is all the help I need.  You are the answer.  Help me to always turn to You, seeking Your strength and guidance.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment