Tuesday, March 1, 2022

 The Psalms 

   “With your counsel you guide me, and at the end receive me with honor.  Whom else have I in the heavens?  None besides you delights me on earth.  Though my flesh and my heart fail, God is the rock of my heart, my portion forever.” (Psalm 73: 25 – 26) 

   No matter what is happening in my life, there is at least one, and usually many, psalms that apply.  There are psalms of joy, of sorrow, of praise for God, of regret and remorse for my sins and my failings.  I never find myself at a loss for a psalm to help me through each day.

   The lines from Psalm 73 above are words I try to live by.  If I constantly seek His counsel and His guidance I know that He will lead me on the right path.  Though I may feel lost at times, I know He is with me and will never abandon me.  If I do this faithfully, He will welcome me into His kingdom.

   There is no one else who can bring the joy that God can bring to life.  The most faithful friend may sometimes disappoint, but the Lord never will.  He blesses me both in good times and in bad.  When life is good, I thank Him for the happiness.  In those times when life seems to be a struggle I thank Him for His presence and the peace He brings, even in the worst of times.

   This body, this mortal tent in which I dwell, will eventually fail.  The rips and tears will be more than the doctors can repair and it will collapse.  On that day He will be there waiting to receive me into eternal life.

 

Father, no matter the circumstances You are there.  You guide me, you comfort me, you give me hope.  Even if all I have were taken, your love would remain, and I would be rich in Your blessings.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment