Thursday, March 24, 2022

Stormy Days 

   It’s a dreary, rainy day here in Ocala.  Rain and thunderstorms are expected throughout the day and most of the night.  It’s a good day to stay inside, maybe sipping a cup of good tea, thinking of God and all He’s done for me.

   I happen to like stormy days for some reason.  Maybe it’s part of my genetic makeup; my grandmother’s favorite days were the ones of rain and storms.  Perhaps appropriately, she passed away on a very stormy day.  I have no doubt that she was pleased to go home to the Lord on one of her favorite days.

   Whatever the reason, the fact remains that I am never saddened by the inclement weather but see it as just another of God’s gifts to me in this world.  He never ceases to amaze me with the many variations that I experience.  From a cloudy, rainy day like today to one of cloudless blue skies.  From days of frigid cold to milder days and then the heat of summer, all are part of God’s perfect plan.

   They say variety is the spice of life and I suppose that’s true.  It pleases me greatly that our generous God offers such wide varieties in life.  In them we see the overwhelming love of a Father providing all that is best for His children.  We need the sunny days, but we also need the rain, the storms and such.  It's all a part of God’s plan, a magnificent montage of weather supplying the needs of His creation.

   We can’t know the many gifts we will experience in heaven, but somehow I hope there are still a few rainy days to just sit quietly, thinking of God and all His many blessings.

 

Thank You for the variety of life.  For the clear days, the stormy days, and all those in between.  I am constantly in awe of the majesty of Your creation and the diversity contained within.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment