Monday, February 17, 2020


Never Alone

   I’ve never liked being alone.  Perhaps because I’ve never truly been alone.  Since my wife passed away, however, I find myself alone most of the time.  I have family and friends who love and care for me.  They are a big part of my life and a tremendous blessing.  But still I find myself alone most of the time; but not really.

   Somehow the aloneness has become my solace in many ways.  I’ve discovered that I’m never actually alone.  Though she’s no longer with me in this world I still know the presence of my wife.  She’s with me in my heart, my mind and my soul.  I love her more each day and am filled with the knowledge of her love for me.  I still wear my wedding ring and can’t imagine ever removing it.  Our love didn’t end with her passing; it is eternal.

   My relationship with my Lord has grown in the quiet and solitude.  More and more He is on my mind and in my heart.  The emptiness I felt is being filled with Him and His love for me.  I’ve grown in my faith and am more aware of His presence than ever before.  My life is now directed to serving Him in this world while waiting to be with Him in the next.  I long for eternity with Him and reunion with the only woman I’ve ever loved.

   In some ways my home has become my hermitage.  It is where I am with God.  It is where I still feel the incredible love He gave to me and my wife.  It is where I am alone, but never alone.

Lord You fill me.
You give me Your love.
You give me your peace.
May I always be so miraculously filled.

Amen

  

No comments:

Post a Comment