Tuesday, February 4, 2020


The Search for Meaning

   “God made me to know Him, to love Him and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next.”  (Baltimore Catechism)

   The search for meaning is the search for God.  If God is in my life I’m comfortable with my purpose and my reason for being.  It is because He made me out of love and wants to share His love with me.  Both in this world and the next.

   True meaning can never be found except in God.  This world is broken by our sinfulness and pride.  Much of what we might think of as life’s meaning is a lie told to us by Satan in his efforts to pull us away from God.  His misdirection will only lead us from our Lord, the one source of true meaning.

   I am meant to be a part of His family, an adopted son.  Though I have sinned and disappointed Him many times, His love is firm and everlasting.  Like any good parent He may chastise me and even punish me for my sinfulness.  But it is out of love and His desire to make me better that He also forgives.  There is no greater joy in heaven than to see a sinner repent and return to the Father. 

   Our world is full of confusion and discord.  We look for meaning in all the wrong places.  There is only one source of true value in our lives and that is God.  In Him is the true meaning of life.

Lord we are lost in a sinful world.
We need meaning in our life.
Help us to always turn to You.
You are the only source of true meaning.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment