Thursday, February 20, 2020


Sharing God

   Each day, except Sunday, I sit before my computer and write my daily blog.  I pray that the thoughts I share are those God would have me share; words that may somehow help others.  Sometimes there is a scripture passage or quote from someone that provides the spark.  However, on many days I have no idea of what I am going to say until I actually begin.  Today is one of those days.

   What do You want me to share this morning God?  I’m not certain so I turn to you for guidance.  Do you want me to share the incredible love I have from You or the mercy You’ve shown me over the years?  Your presence in my life is all encompassing; I am trying very hard to live by Your will.  You give me strength to try harder and You forgive me when I fail.

   Am I to write of my failures?  You know how many times I’ve sinned against You; how many times I’ve failed to live my life for You.  You also know of my sorrow for those failings.  You know my desire is to serve You.  With Your help I pray that I can do better.

   Should I share how much I love You and want to be with You?  This world is full of sin and immorality.  There’s not much I can do to change it.  I pray for the day when Christ will come in glory to call His followers to Him.  Come soon Lord Jesus.

   Finally, maybe I should acknowledge my smallness.  I am only one of many billions of people You have created.  I am a mere speck in the history of mankind, a grain of sand on an infinite seashore.  Nothing I have done or can do makes me worthy of You and Your love.  I am nothing, but You care for me.  I pray for Your guidance, Your strength and Your mercy that I may never stray from You.

Lord, I want to be Yours.
I give You my heart, soul, and mind.
I give You all I am or ever will be.
I give You my life.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment