Monday, February 24, 2020


The War is Won

   “In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.”  (John 16:33)

   What a glorious realization!  Jesus has won the war.  He has conquered the world.  All that is left is for Him to come again in glory to claim His victory and those who have believed in Him.  Blessed are those who have remained true.

   There is so much comfort and peace to be had in the knowledge that no matter what happens in this world evil has been defeated.  In the hearts of those who know this there is a joy and happiness that can’t be matched by any earthly pleasure.

   I’ve read the story of many martyrs and I am always amazed at their courage in the face of death.  The one consistency I’ve seen is that they give their life gladly, praising God right up to the moment of death.  Through torture, pain and agony they maintained their faith and refused to waiver.  In their hearts they had the comfort of knowing that Jesus has won the war.  They died to this world and were reborn into the true kingdom of God.  Their faith in death inspired many to convert, even among those who were executing them.

   As Jesus said, there will be troubles in this world.  Evil is prevalent in every aspect of this life.  Satan will not give up on trying to win my soul until I have taken my last breath.  I pray for the strength to endure whatever may come my way.  My desire is that my last breath be a prayer of thanksgiving to God for welcoming me into His kingdom.

Lord, You have won!
Death is defeated.
I am peace in Your love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment