Saturday, February 8, 2020

The Greatest Love

   To consider the depths of God’s love for me is a humbling experience.  There is nothing I can do or could ever do to warrant such a love.  He has blessed me in so many ways; His mercy and forgiveness is endless.

   When I take account of my life I see so many times that I have failed my Lord and sinned against Him.  I’ve done many things that I should not have done and have failed to do many things that I should.  Still He loves me and wants me to be with Him for eternity.

   Because He loves me the Son of God chose to give up His glory for a time and become a defenseless baby.  A child subject to parents just as all children.  A Jew born under the occupation of the Roman empire.  A simple Jewish woman chosen to be His Blessed Mother and a carpenter as His adopted father.

   His life was one of poverty, suffering, betrayal and death.  The sins of the people, my sins included, resulted in His brutal scourging and crucifixion.  Because He loves me, He became the perfect sacrifice for my sins and paid the price I am unable to pay.  He died on that cross for me.

   Though I still sin and fail to live as I should, He continues to forgive me through the sacrifice He made over two thousand years ago on Calvary.  Because time does not exist for God His sacrifice is just as current today as it was then.  His death was as much due to the sins I’ve committed and will commit as it was for the sins of those of His time.  My sins were known to Him then just as they are today.

   I love my Lord, my family, friends and others deeply and sincerely.  However, I can never truly know perfect love in this lifetime.  Only through the forgiveness and salvation of Jesus can I hope to know such love in eternity.  His was, is and will always be the greatest love.

Lord my sins are many.
Out of love You forgive them.
You love for me is endless.
In Your mercy make me worthy of such love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment