Friday, February 21, 2020

The Lord’s Tent

   “Lord, who may abide in your tent?  Who may dwell on your holy mountain?” (Psalm 15: 1)

   How I wish I had the answer to these questions.  I try to live my life according to God’s will, but still there are questions.  Am I doing those things that will allow me to dwell on God’s holy mountain?  Am I following the path He has for me; the path that leads to His tent?  I pray that I am but only in passing from this world will I know.

   Sometimes I wish I was totally confident that I am doing those things necessary to reach my goal of eternity with my God.  It would be so much easier if I knew with certainty that I was on the right path.  I could relax and rest at ease in the knowledge that my place in heaven was secure.

   If I had that certainty, however, I think it would quickly change my path from one headed to my Lord to one of destruction.  With such confidence I fear complacency would set in.  Since I would have achieved my greatest desire I would no longer strive to gain my goal of salvation.  I think the uncertainty leads me to try harder which pleases God.

   So I will continue to strive toward my goal, looking for the answers from my Lord.  I will do my best to live by His will.  I will seek His love, His mercy and His forgiveness.  I believe this is the path that will lead me to eternity in His holy place.

Lord, how I want to abide in Your tent.
Make me holy I pray.
Fill me with Your Holy Spirit.
Lead me to Your holy mountain.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment