Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Yes

   If I want to experience the relationship with God that I am intended to have I must say yes.  Yes to His will, not mine.  Yes to the path He puts before me regardless of where it may lead.

   St. Augustine said “yes, but” to God’s call for years. “Lord make me chaste, but not yet!”  He was enjoying his sinful way of life so much that he wanted to delay God’s call.  When he finally resolved to say yes without conditions he realized that “You made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.”

   For many years my priorities were more earthly than spiritual, saying yes to God when there was nothing else pressing.  I am ashamed of this fact and incredibly thankful that God didn’t just write me off and forget about me.  He waited for me in love and mercy to finally turn to Him completely.

   God has a blueprint for my life.  His plan may not always be convenient.  It may not be the plan I would prefer but it is what is best for me.  When I say yes to God my heart can be at rest in Him.

Father You know where I am to go.
You know what I am to do.
Give me faith and trust to follow You.
May I always say yes to You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment