Monday, March 16, 2020


All In

   “For I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God,” (Exodus 20:5)

   “So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.” (Rev 3: 16)

   In poker they use the term “all in” as they push all their chips into the pot.  It indicates that they are confident that they have the best hand and are willing to risk everything.  It has become a popular phrase to indicate confidence and commitment.

   God wants me to be all in, totally committed to Him.  Anything less is not enough.  Holding anything back indicates that my confidence in God is not as it should be.  I am not to be concerned with earthly matters but to offer all to the Lord in the certainty that He will provide.  He knows what is in my heart and if I am not confident in His will and His way He will know.  If I am lukewarm in my faith He will spit me out of His mouth as He did the church at Laodicea.

   All belongs to Him, whatever I have is because of His love and mercy.  By offering everything back to Him, to be used according to His will, I recognize that He is in control and I need not worry.

Lord, You bless me in so many ways.
You have given me so much.
I offer all to You Father.
Use me according to Your will.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment