Monday, March 9, 2020

Two Gates to Eternity

   I envision two gates on the other side of deaths door.  One of light and one of darkness.  The choices made during my life will determine which gate I am permitted to enter.  I must enter one and I can’t go back and change my life, it is done.

   Have I fed the hungry, sheltered the homeless, clothed the naked?  Did I visit the sick, help others when needed?  Did I look upon everyone as a child of God, loving them as myself as Jesus commanded?  If I’ve done these things; if my live was directed to fulfilling God’s will rather than mine the gate of light will open and I will pass through.  I don’t know exactly what awaits but there is no question that it will be perfect joy, perfect happiness and perfect love.

   If I lived for self and ignored others, judging them by my rules, disregarding those in need and flouting God’s will, the other gate will open.  Through that gate there is a darkness that never ends.  An eternal existence without joy, without peace, without God.  Regardless of what else Hell may entail, eternity without my Lord is unthinkable.

   These are simply my thoughts and concepts of what Heaven and Hell might be.  But it is a reality that the choices I make in this life are what will determine the condition of my eternal existence.  Whether my soul resides in peace and joy or darkness and suffering is entirely up to me.

   God condemns no one to Hell, we condemn ourselves.

Father I want to live in Your light.
I want to spend eternity with You.
Guide me in this life.
Help me live for You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment