Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Trust in Difficult Times

   “Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself.  Sufficient for a day is its’ own evil.” (Matt 6: 34)

   It seems that most of the world has been knocked to its’ knees by the Coronavirus pandemic.  People are scared; they aren’t certain what to do.  Trust in the government is not that strong in many cases.  Panic sets in which only makes the situation worse.

   What can I, as a Christian, do in such circumstances?  First and foremost, I can trust that God is in charge.  I can’t explain why such things happen, but I have absolute confidence that my Lord has it under control.  By placing my faith in God, I lessen my worry and concern.  By trusting in Him I am at peace.

   I can listen to and heed the warnings about the disease and cooperate with the efforts to lessen its’ impact.  I can refuse to begin hoarding things, whether it be food, water, or toilet paper (I can’t understand why toilet paper is one of the first things people start hoarding; makes no sense).

   This evil will pass.  There will be some suffering as there always is in such things.  It is in suffering that our faith and trust in God is tested.

   “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?” (Matt 6: 25)

Father strengthen us in difficult times.
Give us greater trust in You.
Increase our faith.
Let us always look to You for our help.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment