Saturday, March 21, 2020


Recognizing God’s Many Blessings

   On Saturdays I usually meet three other men at morning Mass.  Afterwards we go to a local restaurant for breakfast and fellowship.  Sometimes we spend three or more hours talking and enjoying each other’s company.  Conversations may be varied but they always have a certain spirituality about them.  Of course, these gatherings have been put on hold.

   I enjoy going to daily Mass and feel a loss when I’m unable to attend.  Weekly adoration before the Blessed Sacrament is a perfect time for prayers and to deepen my communion with the Lord.  Coronavirus has put a temporary stop to these activities as well as Sunday Mass.  I miss them.

   Too often I take these normal parts of my life for granted.  I expect them rather than thanking God for the blessings that they truly are.  Then they are gone, and I understand how blessed I was to have them.

   This time will pass, we will get back to our normal routines.  My prayer is that I will remember and acknowledge the blessings given to me, the simple as well as the great.  I shouldn't expect God's blessings but recognize them as His presence in my life.  We are in the Lenten season; I will offer these things I love and miss to my Lord in thanksgiving for His sacrifices for me.

Father, I sometimes take You for granted.
I don’t recognize Your many blessings.
Open my eyes and my heart.
Help me better appreciate all You give me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment