Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The Light of the Moon

   Humanity been enamored of the moon since the beginning of time.  The earliest calendars were based on the lunar cycles.  The gravitational pull of the moon affects things on earth from the tides to the increase of births during a full moon.  The moon has been credited with increasing love, affecting emotions and even to the changing of a man into a werewolf.  I even suspect the lunar landings were motivated as much by romanticism as by science.

   I see the moon as two things.  The first is another example of God’s majesty as part of the universe.  All things are subject to the laws governing the rotation of planets and the expansion of the universe.  To consider such perfection and not recognize the hand of God is, to me, nonsensical.

   I also see the moon as it relates to my life.  The moon produces no light of its’ own.  It simply reflects the light of the sun.  In my life I depend on the light of the Son of God.  I can’t produce the light, but I can let it shine through me, reflecting His love for all.

   Christ is the light, given to each of us.  Some choose to ignore it, some to live in it and share it with others.  It can never be dimmed by sharing it; it can only grow stronger.

Lord let me reflect Your light.
May it shine through me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment