Monday, March 23, 2020


The Alpha and The Omega

   “I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘the one who is and who was and who is to come.” (Rev 1: 8)

   When I was formed in my mother’s womb God was there.  He knew me then and He knows me now.  As I have lived He has been there, watching over me, loving me, caring for me and desiring my love for Him.  When I die He will be there to receive my soul I pray.

   God is the beginning, the end and all there is in between.  “How precious to me are your designs, O God; how vast the sum of them!  If I were to count them, they would outnumber the sands; when I complete them, still you are with me. (Ps 139: 17 – 28).  If I were to spend my life studying God and all He has done I couldn’t begin to know Him as He truly is.  It is beyond my ability to comprehend such majesty.

   And yet God, He who is all things and has created all things, cares for me, a sinful man.  His love and mercy is so great that He accepts me with all my faults and forgives my sins.  He calls me His own.

   My life began with God though I was unaware.  My life will end with Him.  My greatest hope and desire is to spend eternity in His presence.

You are the beginning and the end.
You guide me on the path to You.
You are my strength and my hope.
In life and in death I am Yours.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment