Thursday, March 12, 2020


Prodigal Children

   “Then let us celebrate with a feast, because this son of mine was dead, and has come to life again; he was lost, and has been found.” (Luke 15: 23 – 24)

   The parable of the prodigal son in Luke chapter 15 is a beautiful example of the unwavering, eternal love of God.  It very clearly tells us that God will not only forgive us, He is watching for us.  There will be rejoicing upon our return to Him.

   In some ways we are all prodigal children.  I know I certainly am.  In the past I have spurned the love of God, misused the gifts and blessings he has given me.  For far too long I went my own way, did my own thing, never stopping to recognize that everything I have is from God.

   Like the son in the parable I finally realized the destruction I was bringing upon myself.  Though I didn’t deserve His forgiveness and mercy I sought them.  He was watching and waiting for me to turn to Him.  He met me when I came and rejoiced.  He accepted me with all my faults, forgave my sins and brought me to Him.

   I am humbled by the fact that God could love me so.  Nothing I can do deserves His mercy.  If judged on what I deserve I would have no hope of heaven.  Yet, God takes my hand and leads me home.  I give all thanks and praise to my Lord!

Father, You have saved me.
In Your mercy You forgive me.
May I live in Your love forever.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment