Saturday, April 24, 2021

 Believing In Christ 

   “The life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2: 20) 

   There is a big difference in saying that I believe that Christ is the Son of God and saying that I believe in Christ.  To say that I believe He is the Son of God is simply acknowledging the fact.  Believing in Him is to believe all He taught and said, to accept His ways are the right ways.

   Believing in Christ means so much more than making the intellectual determination that He is who He said He was, the Son of God, the Messiah come to save the world.  If I genuinely believe in Him it means I trust that following Him is the only way to salvation and eternity in the presence of God.  Without such belief, simply acknowledging Him is useless; if I talk the talk but don’t walk the walk I am lost.

   Belief in Him means that I must accept His teachings and live according to them.  When Jesus taught that He was the bread of life, that we must eat His flesh and drink His blood (John 6: 22 – 69) many of His disciples refused to believe and left Him, they could not accept what they considered such a hard teaching.  Jesus allowed them to leave, if they could not believe in Him and accept His teaching they had no place with Him.

   I am no different, I can’t pick and choose which of His teachings to accept and which to reject.  There is turmoil in the world and even in the Church because of such an attitude.  Christianity is not a buffet where I can take what I like and ignore what I don’t.  If I am unwilling to accept all He taught I am unworthy of Him.

   There are some things that are difficult to accept and some that I am incapable of understanding.  But in faith I believe, in faith I accept, in faith I give my life to Him. 

Your way is the only way.

You are the path to salvation.

I place my faith and trust in You.

I believe in You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment