Friday, April 30, 2021

 In Silence 

   “The fruit of silence is prayer, the fruit of prayer is faith, the fruit of faith is love, and the fruit of love is service.” (St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta) 

   It all begins with silence. 

   In silence we can come closer to God.  By blocking out excess noise we can better clear our mind and open ourselves to the message that He might be trying to give us.  God rarely shouts; it is in the silence that He speaks to us.  If we cannot find tranquility of heart and soul, we may not hear the quiet voice with which He expresses His will to us.

   Finding the silence is an extremely important part of my prayer life.  It is where I go to commune with the Lord.  In the noise of the world, it is hard, if not impossible to hear Him.  Noise is the enemy, distractions the weapons of Satan. 

   I see God in all His creation; He is everywhere I look.  But if I am to be at prayer with Him, If I am to hear His voice, I must shut out the rest of the world, focusing only on Him.  No television, no telephone, no distractions; just me and God.

   Silence is a tremendous blessing and one I think most people don’t take advantage of.  Our world is so busy, so noisy, so chaotic that silence has been lost.  We must seek it wherever it can be found, in church, in the adoration chapel, at home, anywhere that we can shut out the world and be with the Lord.

   In silence He comes to me; in silence I hear Him, in silence we are one. 

In the quiet I come to You.

In silence I find You.

Fill me with Your word.

Let the Holy Spirit overwhelm me. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment