Friday, April 9, 2021

 The Peace of the Lord 

   “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.” (John 14: 27) 

   I have been blessed in many ways in my life.  I had the love of a wonderful woman for over forty-eight years of marriage.  I have four great children and several grandchildren.  I’ve been blessed with wonderful friends; friends who love me and whom I love as well.

   I am comfortable financially, though certainly not wealthy.  Though I have a few of the normal health issues of those who are in their seventies I am basically healthy and able to do the things I want and like to do.

   But most of all I am blessed with the peace of the Lord.  Even in the worst time of my life, the passing of my wife, He was with me.  He strengthened me and gave me comfort during that most difficult time.  In all things, I know His peace within me.  Without it I would be lost.

   The peace of this world is passing and fades quickly.  The peace of Jesus is eternal, it will never leave me.  Each day I turn to Him in thanksgiving for His presence in my life.  Nothing can steal His peace from me, not even Satan himself.

   The words of Psalm 63 come to mind often, “O God, you are my God, for you I long; for you my body is thirsting.” (Ps 63: 2).  Though I have the peace of God in my heart I look forward to eternal life in His presence.  I’ve no way of knowing the number of my days but, in life and in death, I have my Lord.  In this life He gives me love, peace, and comfort; in the next, eternal happiness in all things. 

I thank You for Your peace.

I am comforted by Your presence.

Let me live for You.

So that I might spent eternity with You. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment