Monday, October 18, 2021

 God Is With Us 

   “Wherever I am, God is with me, even on a chaise lounge.  I believe, I hope, I love.  I am and I do what I am supposed to be and do.”  (Dom Paul DeLatte, “The Spirit of Solesmes”) 

   I think some people believe they can escape from God’s presence.  They want to visit Him in church on Sundays but live the rest of their life as if He isn’t there.  However, there is not a day, or an hour, or a minute when God is not with us.

   God’s presence brings me comfort and strength.  Regardless the difficulties I may have to face, I know that He is there to encourage me and give me the strength needed to overcome any hardship.  “God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you will be able to bear it.” (1 Cor 10: 13).

   His presence reminds me that I am His and am to follow the path He sets before me.  There is never a time that I am away from Him and there is nothing I can hide from Him.  Just as a child is more likely to behave properly when their parents are with them, God's presence encourages me to live according to His will as best I can.  Even when I sin, He is still with me; I can go to Him in sorrow, and he will forgive me for my failures.

   Life is difficult at times, God's constant presence eases those difficult times.  In joyful times, His spirit increases the joy, reminding me that all joy and happiness is from Him.  I fear I would be lost if He were to abandon me for even a second. 

   “Behold, God’s dwelling is with the human race.  He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them.” (Rev 21: 3).

No comments:

Post a Comment