Monday, October 11, 2021

 Rest in God's Peace 

   “My soul rests in God alone, from whom comes my salvation.  God alone is my rock and salvation, my fortress; I shall never fail.” (Psalm 62: 2 – 3) 

   Everywhere I go I hear complaints; complaints about the political environment in the nation; criticism of our political leaders on both ends of the spectrum for not doing enough or for doing too much.  Even in the Church there is unrest and concern over the actions of some of our church leaders.

   Rarely do I hear anyone thanking God for those blessings that He has bestowed on us, and for the blessings He continues to bestow on us.  It seems everyone is so pre-occupied with earthy things that there is no room for the spiritual.  We seem to forget that everything we are concerned with in this world will pass away.  Only eternity is forever.

   There are times when I get caught up in this lose-lose trap of placing too much attention and concern on worldly matters.  I sometimes feel my peace slipping away and it scares me.  Satan attacks from all directions, but if I allow the evils of this world to distract me from God I am playing directly into his hands.

   When I feel myself becoming agitated by earthly events, I try to stop and turn my thoughts to God.  By thanking Him for the blessings He has given me and for the blessings He continues to give I can regain my peace of mind, and more importantly, my peace of soul.

   “The one who gives this testimony says, ‘Yes, I am coming soon.’  Amen!  Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelations 22: 20).  The world, as wonderful or as messed up as we may consider it, will pass away.  Eternal life with God never ends. 

Our hearts are meant to rest in You.

But Satan intervenes, bringing evil.

Help us reject the evil, and rest in You.

Let us look to You as our rock of peace. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment