Wednesday, October 13, 2021

 God’s Plan 

   “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.” (Jerimiah 29: 11) 

   I don’t question that God has a marvelous plan in mind for me.  One that will lead me through this life to eternal life with Him.  I just wish He would be a bit clearer in sharing that plan with me.

   I try to live for God but find myself living for myself.  It’s hard to submit all to His will, but that is what I’m called to do.  Each morning I ask Him for the wisdom to better know His will and for the strength to follow it.  I do try throughout the day, but I still fail at times.  When I review the day, thanking God for His blessings and searching for those times when I have failed Him there are always instances when I did what I should not have and didn’t do what I should have.

   God is a merciful and forgiving God, and I draw my strength from that truth.  He knows I am a weak man, a man conflicted and torn by the evils and temptations of this world.  He also knows that I want to follow His will even though I fail at times.  Perhaps part of His plan is to help me better know His love and mercy by showing me how much He still loves me, even though I have failed Him so many times.

   I will continue to try, and I know there will always be failures.  But I trust in God and His merciful love to save me from myself.   His plan is to lead me to Him, and He will do it. 

You know me better than I know myself.

You know my sins before I do.

Still, You love me and forgive me.

Help me to love and serve You more completely. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment