Thursday, October 21, 2021

 Perspective 

   When I think of the house I lived in when I was a small child, just beginning grade school, I picture the rooms as quite large, the house sitting on a good sized lot.  However, when I’ve gone back and looked at the house I see it was very small house on a tiny lot.  Things appear very different from a child’s perspective.

   My perspective about many things has changed over the years, about love, about God, about eternal life.  I was raised with little to no religious experience, it was simply something we didn’t do.  My childhood was essentially absent God and any knowledge of Him.  Without God I don’t believe I could really know about love and certainly had no concept of eternal life or the plans He had for me.

   It took marriage to a faithful Catholic woman to bring God into my life and I am so grateful.  I often tell people that I thank God for bringing Karen into my life and I thank Karen for bringing God into my life.  Without her and her influence I fear to think what my life might have become.  I have no doubt that she was instrumental in God’s plan to save my soul.

   As I grow nearer the end of his earthly life I look back on many things with a different perspective.  I used to want to shame my parents for the lack of God in my early life, but now I realize that I have no understanding of why it was that way, of what influences may have affected their lives.  My prayer is that they found God in this world and are now with Him in the next.  There are many parts of my childhood that are better left forgotten but I have to believe that they were part of God’s plan for me.

 

   “For I know well the plans I have in mind for you….plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope.” (Jeremiah 29: 11). 

I see things from a human perspective.

I can’t know You plans for me.

I trust myself totally to Your will.

Lead me where You choose. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment