Thursday, October 14, 2021

 Living Day to Day with God 

   Every day is a new beginning, every night is, in a sense, a new end.  I go about the day trying to live in God’s will even though I often fail.  In the evening I pause in recollection of the day, thanking Him for His blessings and seeking forgiveness for any sins I may have committed during the day.  Then I go to bed, never knowing if there will be a new beginning in the morning.

   There is much beauty and so many blessings to be had in this world.  God wants me to be happy in this life and if I am not happy it can only be my own fault.  In His blessings there are many reasons to be happy.  I must always focus on those blessings, remembering that there will also be times of trial and difficulty.

   I do not expect that this life will be one joy and happiness, never to experience pain and sorrow.  Jesus made it very clear that I will face trials and misfortunes in this life.  But He also promised that He will be there to help me carry any cross that I may to called to bear.  Nothing is impossible with the help of God.

   I often think about which is more desirable, to begin another day in this confused, sinful world or to leave this world for the world to come.  In my heart I know I prefer eternity with God, but it’s not up to me.  Only God knows when the end will come.  Until then, I will try to live by the words of St. Paul, “For to me life is Christ, and death is gain.” (Phil 1: 21). 

Each day is a new beginning.

Let me live every day for You.

I yearn to be with You eternally.

Help me live to make that wish reality. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment