Monday, January 27, 2020

God Cares

   Each morning I sit at my breakfast table, looking out the window.  The community I live in is very quiet in the mornings, so the squirrels and birds are at ease and unafraid.  They go from yard to yard looking for their morning meal and seemingly playing and enjoying themselves.

   I get a lot of pleasure watching nature at work, especially in the change of the seasons when various birds show up either moving south for the winter or north for the summer.  There are a couple of pairs of Cardinals that show up every spring and nest in the trees.  Hummingbirds love some of the flowering plants I have which gives me the pleasure of watching them flit from bloom to bloom gathering the nectar.  Mockingbirds arrive along with blue jays and many others.  A few days ago there were at least forty to fifty robins in the yard searching for their breakfast.  I suppose they were on their way further north, stopping here to have a meal.

   I’m always amazed when I hear people say they see no evidence of God when it’s right before them in nature.  God sees to it that His creatures are cared for, giving them the instincts to do what is needed for survival.  They have no meetings to determine their next move or to decide who’s in charge.  God has given all they need.

   God will also give me all I need.  In Him is all that is truly necessary.  Though I know what He asks of me, I sometimes succumb to temptation.  Though I sin, He forgives me knowing that I will sin again and will again need His forgiveness.  He doesn’t direct my life with instinct such as the birds and animals, but guides me with His word, His love, mercy and forgiveness.  He fills my heart with His spirit which gives me strength and peace.

  The birds of the air and the beasts of the field have no worries.  God watches over them, providing for their needs.  In His everlasting love He provides for me as well.  He soothes my cares and eases my worries giving me peace and comfort.

Father all came into being because of Your will.
You care for everything and everyone You created.
I look to You for guidance, peace and love.
May I always live in Your will.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment