Wednesday, January 15, 2020


What is Truth?

   It seems people want to make the truth what they think it should be rather than accept what is and always has been truth.  Society changes and many think the truth should change with it.  They don’t seem to understand that truth is eternal, it does not change; never has and never will.

   Jesus taught the truth and the truth he taught isn’t hard to understand.  When asked what the greatest commandment was He replied that it is to love the Lord God with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my mind.  It is my desire to live my life by this truth and all the truths Jesus taught.

   It’s not hard to understand, but it can sometimes be hard to live by.  Loving God during tragedy and loss is sometimes difficult.  When my wife passed away a priest told me that it was OK to be angry with God.  I thought about that a long time and decided that I didn’t think I could be mad at God and still love Him as I should.  Sometimes we must accept what we can’t understand and simply trust God, as difficult as that may be.  If I was angry, it was at Satan, not God.  It is by his temptations and our failure to resist them that death entered this world.

   Truth does not change.  What was true in Jesus’ time is true today and will be true a thousand years from now.  I choose to ignore society and its’ unrelenting attacks on truth.  They are wrong, I know it and I suspect somewhere deep inside, they do as well.  My prayers are with them; may they come to know and accept the truth.

Lord, You taught truth.
Your truth is eternal.
May I always live by that truth.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment