Thursday, January 23, 2020


The Safety of His Arms

   We seek safety.  The products we buy are inspected by numerous agencies to ensure they are safe.  Any hint of danger results in recall and reinspection.  Some are so concerned with safety that they become phobic in their worries.

   I also seek safety.  But I’ve found that the only true safety is in the arms of my Lord and Savior.  There will always be sorrows in life, some beyond my capability to withstand on my own.  There will always be trials and troubles in this world, many of which I can do nothing about except endure them.  Only in God is there safety and certainty.

   I can’t know from day to day, or even hour to hour, what Satan will throw at me to tempt or torment me.  It may be memories better left behind; it may be uncertainty in my relationship with God.  He may remind me of the most difficult things I’ve ever endured to bring great misery and sorrow.  Only by turning to God can I overcome Him.

   My rest and my comfort is in the Lord.  When troubles and sorrows arise I turn to Him.  “My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121: 2).  Without Him I am lost and there is no safety to be found.

Father this world is full of trials.
There is no peace except with You.
There is safety only in You.
I turn to You in all things for You are my Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment