Tuesday, January 21, 2020


God With Us

   “Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1: 9)

   Joshua assured the Israelites that God was with them as they prepared to cross the Jordan river to the promised land.  A land filled with other nations and peoples.  The land God had promised the Israelites would be theirs.

   This is only one of the many times Holy Scripture tells me that God is with me regardless of where I go or what trials I am to face.  Whether in good times or bad He is there; He will never leave me alone.

   He has blessed me in so many ways.  I’ve known the love of a wonderful wife and the joy of children.  I’ve had the opportunity to travel and see many parts of the world.  But most of all He has filled my soul with His spirit.  Wherever I go, whatever I do, He is with me.

   I’ve also experienced loss and turmoil in my life.  Still He is there; he strengthens me in weakness and soothes the pains life sometimes bring.  In all things I turn to Him and He is there.

   Some say they don’t know God in their lives.  If true it’s not because He isn’t there, it’s because they’ve never introduced themselves to Him.  There is no one that God omits from His love and mercy.  He is there for each of us.  It’s up to us to reach out to Him in love and accept His presence in our lives.

Lord You are always with me.
You give me joy by your blessings.
You give me comfort in my sorrows.
My heart belongs to you.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment