Tuesday, January 14, 2020


What Do You Want God?

   I sometimes wonder what God truly wants of me.  I know He loves me and wants me to love Him.  I try to do so to the best of my ability.  But what does He want my life to be?  I’m certain God knows the plan for the rest of my life, but I wish He would share that plan with me.  Then again, if He let me in on it, it’s quite likely I would do something to mess it up.  Perhaps it’s best that I just let it go.  God has everything in hand, I can add nothing except my willingness to follow.

   I’ve often prayed that God would let me in on His plan for me.  But, like I said, if He did I would probably complicate it with my own thoughts and ideas.  Pride is a terrible thing and I’m sure pride would try to tell me that I knew a better way.   How prideful is that; to suppose that I might know a better way than God.

   For these reasons, I’ve decided that my best course is to just listen and follow.  He will lead me where He desires and that is certainly where I want to go.  There is nothing I can add to make the plan better, I can only detract from it in my pride.  I understand that the path He puts before me may be hard.  There have been some terrible trials in the past, and there may be more to come.  Yet He has seen me through those difficult times and I’m certain He will never abandon me.

   And so my life is His, no longer mine.  My will is His, no longer mine.  I submit to whatever He desires and welcome whatever He sends my way.  I will do my best to accept the bad with the good and will remember that God always has my best interest at heart.  He created me, He loves me, He wants me love and be with Him.  So I will rely on His love and mercy to lead me to my heavenly home.

Do with me what You will Lord.
I may not know Your plan, but I trust in You.
I know You only want what’s best for me.
I lovingly accept whatever that may be.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment