Friday, January 3, 2020


Peace in God

   “And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but he was asleep.  And they went and woke him, saying, ‘Save us, Lord; we are perishing.’  And he said to them, ‘Why are you afraid, O men of little faith?’  Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. (Matt 8: 24 – 26)

   The storms of this world can be terrible at times.  I can relate to the fear the disciples experienced when the sea seemed to be about to swamp their boat.  There have been times in my life when the storms nearly overcame me.  Thankfully I can do exactly what the apostles did; I can turn to Jesus for help.  He will calm the storm and give safety and solace.

   There is such a peace to be known when we trust in God, confident in His love and mercy.  There may never be peace on the surface of this sea we call life, but deep down there can be calmness, peace and rest when we turn to God.

   Jesus told us, “Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden light.” (Matt 11: 29 – 30).  There is comfort and peace to found in these words; the peace that God will give if we seek Him.

   There are times when my life is a mess.  Times when I’m not sure if I’m coming or going.  But I know that my Lord is always with me, He will put me on the right path.  He will ease my burdens and give me rest in my soul.

Lord, You call me to Yourself.
You offer Your love and mercy.
In You I find peace.
May I rest in You for all time.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment