Friday, January 10, 2020

The Wonder of God

   Last night before going to bed I walked outside for a few minutes.  The brilliance of the moon was incredible.  For a while I just stood there just looking at it.  It was a clear night; the craters and valleys of the moon were clearly visible.  What we used to call the “man in the moon” was on full display.

   Each time I see the moon, or a sunrise, or sunset I can’t help but think of God.  The fact that the moon and earth are just where they need to be to do what they are intended to do is such clear evidence of His hand.  The precise location, mass, speed and gravitational forces that keep both in place was designed by God.  The same God designed each of us.

   In some ways I am like the moon.  I have no light of my own, I can only receive and reflect the light of God.  I know of no real purpose served by the moon except to reflect the light of the sun.  My life has no true meaning unless I use it to reflect the light of the Son.  The moon shares its’ light with all just as I am to share the love of God with all.  Without the sun the moon would just be a dark mass with no reason to exist.  Without the Son of God I would have no reason to be.

Father, You created all.
You designed it perfectly.
You created me for a reason.
May my life fulfill Your purpose.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment