Thursday, January 9, 2020


Love One Another

   “Those who say, ‘I Love God,’ and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen.  The commandment we have from him is this:  those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also.” (1 John 4: 20 – 21)

   I am not given any exceptions to the command to love others.  There is no “unless” included.  I’m a liar if I say I love God but don’t love all His children.

   There is nothing here to say that I must approve of the actions or sinfulness of others.  We are told that love means we are to confront evil in an effort to change those who practice it.  However, even if that is impossible, we are still to love them and pray for them.  We are to pray that they will come to find God in their lives.

   Here again I am told that I must separate the sin from the sinner; abhor the sin, but love the sinner because they are a child of God just as I am.  I must always remember that I, too, am a sinner in need of the love of God and others.  If I deny my love to others how can I expect God to love me?

   God’s love is unlimited and unending for all His children.  If I deny them my love I am denying His will.

Lord, You love us all.
Your love is everlasting.
Help me to love Your children.
Especially those who are hardest to love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment