Monday, January 20, 2020


Peace in the Unknowing

   For years I’ve read the lives of Saints and others who have heard the word of God.  The bible is full of examples of God speaking to those He chose.  I’ve never understood why He has yet to speak to me in the same way.  I’ve asked many times for His guidance and direction, but it seems He doesn’t wish to share His plans with me.

   I have finally realized that He is leading me even though I don’t clearly hear the voice of God.  He speaks to me in the peace He brings.  When there is peace in my life and with my Lord I believe I must be doing His will.  There have been times when I thought I should go in one direction but soon found that there was no peace for me there.  At other times I’ve wondered if I’m heading in the right direction and God tells me yes in the peace He brings to that effort.

   It would be much simpler if He would say what He wants but I’m comfortable with the way He is leading.  I take each day as it comes, seeking His will.

   Maybe some day I’ll hear the voice of God as others have.  If so, fine; if not, that’s OK too.  I’m comfortable following God in the unknowing; I’m confident that He will lead me where I need to go.

Father, I don’t always know Your plans,
But I accept them whatever they may be.
Your love and mercy guide me.
In You I find peace.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment