Thursday, January 2, 2020


Relying on God

   There are times when I wonder if God has a purpose for me.  Times when I don’t know what that purpose might be.  I pray that He let me know the plans He has for me, but I still have no certainty concerning the path He has chosen.

   Then I stop and realize that it’s not for me to question God’s purpose but to submit.  There is a purpose, of that I’m sure.  What that purpose may be will become clear at some point; or maybe not.  Most importantly I must rely on Him and trust in His will for me.  It may be that I am to simply carry on, turning to Him each day never really knowing what the ultimate purpose might be.  I know that if I will only follow Him I will always be on the right path.

   When I quit trying to force the issue I find peace in following the daily urgings of God.  This blog is one of those; I am rarely certain of what to write until I begin writing.  There are times when I start to write two or three times only to realize that God has something else in mind for me to say.  As with most things in life, it’s a lot better when I turn it over to God and let Him lead.  When I try to lead I usually end up frustrated and going in the wrong direction.

   You would think that by now I would have learned to leave it to Him and simply follow His guidance.  Without doubt my pride interferes.  Too many times my concerns and thoughts turn from God to me.  What do I want; how do I feel; what do I think I should do?   There’s an old saying that goes, “Let go and let God.”  I should keep that thought in mind.

Lord, sometimes I try too hard.
Sometimes I want to lead.
My pride gets in the way.
Help me to always rely on You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment