Thursday, September 10, 2020

 A Day With the Lord

 

“Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning, for in you I put my trust.  Teach me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.”  (Psalm 143: 8) 

   Each day is a new beginning, a new blessing from the Lord.  I go to sleep at night without knowing if I will awaken in the morning.  It is not for me to decide, it is for me to accept the will of God.

   That is why I find it very important to offer each day to the Lord.  It is, after all, His.  I am only allowed to participate because He wills it.  The day is a precious gift, an opportunity to enjoy the miracle of God’s creation.  A chance to see the beauty of a sunrise, the majesty of a star-lite night.  An opportunity to cherish my family and friends and the love and fellowship we share.  None of these things are possible without the will of God.

   Even the less than enjoyable days are a blessing from the Lord.  They help me realize how truly blessed I am in this life.  He has given me so many wonderful gifts and continues to bless me each day.  The difficult times remind me of how important it is to offer each day to Him.  They remind me of His great love and mercy, the love and mercy that helps me through those hard times.

   A morning offering to God is appropriate and pleasing to Him.  A time to simply thank Him for all He has done and to offer myself and this day to Him.  A time to ask Him for the strength to reject Satan and his temptations; to make an offering of my love and the promise that I will do my best to live according to His will.

   When the day ends, and night comes I again thank Him for the blessings of the day He has given me.  Sleep comes and, if it is His will, I will awaken again to thank Him for the new day. 

The day belongs to You.

Thank You for letting me share in it.

For all Your blessings I give You thanks. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment