Wednesday, September 9, 2020

 Hope in God

 

   There are days when I’m not sure where I’m going or how to get there.  It’s as if the road has been closed and no detour identified.  I am at a standstill, searching for the way forward.  It is on those days when I most need to have hope in God.

   The road of life is complicated.  There are times of great happiness and joy but also terrible pain and sorrow.  I wonder about the balance sometimes, is there more pain than happiness, more joy than sorrow?  Maybe the painful times seem more frequent because they are difficult to deal with.  Happiness seems fleeting, pain seems interminable.

   But God tells me that all things work for the good.  He sets His path before me, the path leading to Him.  He never promised that the road to heaven will be easy.  Jesus warns us that we must, “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many.”  (Matt 7: 13).

   The hard times, those when I feel that I can’t go on, are when God lifts me in His arms and carries me in my weakness.  I trust that He will never forsake or abandon me.  Even when life is at it’s most difficult He is there with me.  His love and His mercy will carry me through even the worst of times.

   I give thanks to the Lord for the times of joy and happiness.  They speak to me of His love for me.  I also give thanks to Him for even the hardest of times for they speak to me of His mercy, a mercy that knows no bounds.  In the end, the good times will far outweigh the bad for eternal joy and happiness await in heaven. 

Father, I trust in Your love.

I turn to You in times of trouble.

You comfort and restore me.

Increase my trust and faith in You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment