Tuesday, September 1, 2020

 For Those Who Love Him


“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Cor 2: 9) 

   I’ve been blessed to have been able to travel in life.  I’ve seen the majesty of God in the vastness of the seas, in the multitude of stars in heaven.  I’ve visited Paris and Rome, traveled in the far east and Australia.  I've toured great cathedrals and attended Mass at the Vatican.  I’ve seen the magnificence and the poverty of life.  I thank God for the opportunities to see so much of His magnificent creation.

   Yet, all the beauty and majesty of creation will pale in comparison with the visions of heaven.  What could possibly compare with looking upon the face of God, spending eternity in His presence?

   I’ve heard words of wisdom from great teachers; I learned much about God through the wisdom of the saints and the words of His pastors here on earth.  I’ve heard the laughter of children and the words of a very special woman saying she loved me.

   Still, I wish to hear the words of Jesus inviting me into His heavenly kingdom, “Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;” (Matt 25: 34)

   I often try to imagine heaven and what it will be like.  I know it’s foolish in a way to even try to consider the wonders that are waiting there.  I long for a loving reunion with my wife.  I desire to look upon my savior Jesus Christ, to truly knowing God the Father.  I look forward to walking with the Holy Spirit and learning all I could not understand in this life.  I long to meet my Blessed Mother Mary.

   Try as I may, I can’t even come close to comprehending the reality of heaven in this lifetime.  It is the brass ring that I strive every day to reach.  It is the greatest desire of my heart.

 

Heaven is unknown to me.

I can only imagine what it might be like.

Heaven is where I desire to be.

Lead me to my eternal home. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment