Wednesday, September 2, 2020

The Lord’s Mercy

 

“The Lord’s acts of mercy are not exhausted, his compassion is not spent; they are renewed each morning – great is your faithfulness! (Lamentations 3: 22 – 23) 

   I know that the Lord’s ways are right and just; nothing happens without purpose and that purpose is always for the good.  I trust and believe in these truths.  Still, I struggle at times to understand the why of God’s ways.  What good comes of suffering and pain?

   It’s my belief that in some way suffering is an invitation for me to better know God and to offer myself to Him more completely.  If all is for the good then there must be some good that can come of my suffering.  I know that to be true simply by recognizing the incredible good of redemption and salvation that came from the suffering of Jesus.  His pain and death brought the hope of eternal life in heaven.

   Satan would have me believe that God abandons me in my suffering.  He would try to convince me that a loving God would not let pain enter the world, especially for those who look to Him as their hope and salvation.  The lies Satan tell only convince me that I need God even more when my cross is heavy.  His mercy is the only thing that allows me to continue.

   The mercy of God is endless, His love is forever.  As long as I trust in those truths nothing in this world can overcome me.  I may struggle, I may experience suffering, but God is there to take away the pain.  He is the light in the darkness, the hope in the suffering, and the promise of eternal happiness.

 

Lord in suffering is Your mercy.

In pain is Your love.

When life seems darkest.

Let Your light shine upon me. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment