Saturday, September 26, 2020

 Time, Blessing or Curse

 

   Time; 24 hours a day, 60 minutes an hour, 60 seconds a minute.  Time is the circumstance of humanity; our lives are often ruled by time and we seem to have difficulty ruling our time.  Using time wisely is not something at which most of us excel.

   Jesus told His disciples that, “Even the hairs of your head have all been counted.” (Luke 12: 7).  There are a certain number of days we are to be on this earth; a number known only to God.  Though we don’t know the time we are allotted we have a responsibility to use it wisely.  With 86,400 seconds in each day, how am I to use each one properly?

   Satan has provided so many distractions in this world to steal our time away.  Television is commonly cited as being one of those things, but wasting time wasn’t invented with television.  People have been wasting their time throughout history.

   Reading can be a good use of time, but what to read?  There are so many books worth reading but there are just as many, if not more, that are simply a distraction and may even rob us not only of time but of our peace in God.

   There is no better use of time than prayer.  To be in communion with the Lord, seeking His will and guidance is the best use of time that I know, but how am I do pray every second of every day?

   Time does not exist in heaven; all is now.  I so look forward to never again knowing time; to be always in the present with my Lord and my God.  If I am to achieve that goal, however, I must make the effort to use my time on earth well.  For me that means accepting what comes with the knowledge that God has all in hand.  

    Regardless the ways of the world, I am to live in the world, not of it.  Saint Paul tells us that we are to, “Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.” (Roman 12: 12).  If I can do these things, I believe I will be using my time on earth wisely. 

Time can be a blessing.

Time can be a curse.

Help me use time rightly.

To always seek Your ways. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment