Tuesday, September 22, 2020

 A New Beginning

 

   “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our sins from us.”  (Psalm 103: 12) 

   I struggle with past sins.  I am certain of God’s forgiveness but still have difficulty forgetting those sins that have been forgiven.  In some ways perhaps it’s good that I remember them from time to time.  They remind me of two very important realities; I am sinful and will never be perfect in this life, and God forgives my sins when I seek His mercy with sincerity, sorrowing for my failures.

   Satan would have me believe that some of my sins were so heinous that God could not forgive.  He tells me that I’m not sorrowful enough or sincere enough, so God refuses the forgiveness I seek.  He is a liar and the truth is not in him.

   I revisit the gospel accounts of the times Jesus forgave sinners and I take heart that He never once refused forgiveness to those who sought it.  Never did He say that their sin was so great that He couldn’t forgive.  Jesus became man to offer redemption and salvation.  He willingly suffered and died so that my sins could be forgiven.

   No matter the sin, if I trust in God’s love and mercy, it can be forgiven.  Each time I confess my sins I am granted a new beginning; a chance to try harder to do a better job of following the will of God. 

My sins are many.

In Your love and mercy You forgive.

You offer me a new beginning.

Strengthen me to follow Your will. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment