Friday, October 30, 2020

 Choosing Joy

 

   Each day I have choices to make.  I can choose to focus on the evil and unrest so evident all over the world or I can look to God and find the joy in life.

   There is unrest everywhere, in this nation, all over the world, and even in the Church.  Those who think their way is the only way are killing others, burning, looting, and creating chaos.  I have no doubt of the true source of such things; it is Satan.  I feel quite sure that he and his demons are rejoicing with every death, with every fire-bomb, with all the evil evident in society today.

   On the other hand there is love, faith and trust.  We have a God who loves us and will love us for all eternity.  If I place my faith and trust in Him I can rise above the evil going on in society and the world today.  He will give me rest from the torment, hope for the future, and a promise of eternal happiness.

   I choose God.  The world has known even greater unrest in its’ history and will most likely know worse again.  There are those who fear we are on the verge of civil war, globalism, continued unrest, and evil.  Perhaps, but I don’t have to allow it to be in my heart.  Jesus said, “And remember, I am always with you, to the end of the age.” (Matt 28: 20). 

   Are we nearing the end of the age?  I don’t know and neither does anyone else.  But I am certain of one thing, God is with me.  I need only turn to Him and I will find comfort, love, and hope. 

Father, there is so much evil in the world.

But there is also much good.

I choose to look for the good,

For that is where I will find You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment