Saturday, October 10, 2020

 Living the Life 

   God gave me life.  He knit me together in my mother’s womb.  He knew me from the beginning.  He knows everything there is to know about me.  Nothing I do or say is unknown to Him.

   With those thoughts in mind I try to live the life God intends for me to live.  Though I may not always be certain of His path I am certain that He will see to it that I follow that path if I will allow Him.  Most of all I realize that God is not a tyrant, He does not rule me with an iron hand.  Instead, because of His great love and mercy for me I want to please Him far more than I would one who demands subservience.  I’m not forced to follow Him, but it is my greatest desire to do so.

   For over forty-eight years the life God had given me was one of sacramental marriage.  A love affair with my wife that was filled with the love of God.  A love of giving to the other without concern for self.

   Since my wife passed away my life is one of solitude.  At first I hated the solitude, the aloneness; I missed her so terribly.  I still miss her every day, but I no longer hate the solitude; it has become a comfort to me.  It is a new life, a different life, but no less the life God desires of me.  Of this I am certain.  I know it in the peace I feel.  He tells me in the calm and comfort that He gives me.

   Will my life change again?  I’ve no way of knowing, only God has the answer.  My heart tells me that no matter what He asks of me it is the right thing, the thing that will lead me to heaven.

   Living the life God gives me without question and without regret brings me great peace.  His love is never-ending.  In His mercy He forgives my sins, telling me that I am His.  What more could I ask than to be a child of God, loved by the One who created me? 

I give my life to You.

I give my death to You.

I desire Your will in all things.

Show me Your path and lead me home. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment